Since summer is just getting underway, I can’t really write my end of the summer essay, but I thought I should start planning if I want to share something interesting a few months down the road.
- First and foremost, I plan to enjoy the week-long road trip family vacation that my son & I will be taking with my parents and my youngest brother. I’m taking a week off of work, so I’m determined to enjoy every minute of it! It will either be really fun, or by day two I’ll be wondering what I got myself into. We used to go on these road trips when I was a kid, and we’re actually repeating a trip we made way back when. (More to follow in future posts, so stay tuned!)
- Spend some time relaxing at the pool with my son, and doing other summer-time adventures too.
- Find a different job. This could be a blog post in itself and probably will be at some point. But for now, suffice it to say I’m bored to tears and need something different. Don’t get me wrong: I’m happy to have a job in this economy, but I would be oh so happy to find something else and let someone else do my job who might appreciate it more.
- This one’s related to #2 in that I hope to find a job in Texas so we can move back there this summer. We haven’t lived there since my son was a baby, and as much as I enjoy where we are now, it would be great to be back near my old friends and be closer to my family. We’ll see if that’s the case after our week-long road trip. 🙂
- And last, but definitely not least, is to get my writing project underway. It’s long overdue, and if not now, when?
Gee, a list of 5 isn’t that intimidating. They actually seem like do-able tasks when they’re spelled out like that. Granted, some of them are pretty involved, but with focus and concerted effort . . . just might work out.